Thursday 13 September 2012

Wedding Planning: Themes

Posted by Cheryl at 18:26
So every day I have been coming home from work, eager to get online so I can get some wedding inspiration! I am already obsessed and I have admittedly just created my own 'wedding drawer'. I have already bought a few bits and pieces for inspiration and put them in there, I may never need them but some things are just too pretty to resist! I have already started to think about a 'theme' (although I don't think you necessarily need to have one!) and of course, I love all things vintage. However a 'vintage wedding' is so vague so my problem is trying to narrow it down to what kind of era and what type of vintage wedding I would like. I personally love the 50's! Of course, Michael has a say in what we have! However I think he is happy for me to decide on things like this as long as it's not too crazy! Using pinterest  I have put together a mood board of vintage wedding ideas and I thought I would share some on this blog....(all images are from Pinterest and not my own)

Vintage style wedding cake
I love this wedding cake-I love birds and bird cages and have images of tables with white decorative cages filled with flowers and pearls and little love notes.
 

Pretty lace flowers
I love this little bouquet of flowers covered in white lace-I love anything lacy and the colours of these flowers are perfect-I see myself carrying something like this down the aisle!



50's wedding dresses
I love the style of 50's wedding dresses-the 'fullness' of the bottom and the cute extra details like a ribbon sash. This one in particular is so adorable, I don't think it is something I will find easily though.



Vintage wedding extras
This little collage of retro wedding ideas is fab-I love the idea of having old fashioned sweets and bags of popcorn. There are tons of things you can buy on Ebay...I want them all!



Vintage lace accessories
More white lace but I love it! I really would like a parasol and I will most definitely break tradition and wear pumps. I DON'T DO HEELS, not even on my wedding day!



Aren't they all beautiful? I have already got some cuts out for my planner and started looking into venues which have a vintage feel to them. At the moment it is all my head but slowly my ideas are coming together!

xoxo

1 comments:

kennady said...

The different wedding planning themes are shared was very beautiful. Each wedding couple will use their own theme for their wedding. Some of the wedding things are shared in this post are impressive. For an additional help of wedding planning, the wedding app will be helpful for them.

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea