Friday 12 October 2012

Wedding Planning: 50's Theme

Posted by Cheryl at 18:32
I really would love a 50's themed wedding; convincing Michael that it is a good idea may be a problem but I am going to keep researching anyway! I don't know whether you could have 50's themed food (burgers and milkshakes don't seem very wedding like but who knows? Maybe coke floats and cherry ice cream sundaes would be fun!) but it could definitely work with the clothing and decoration. I have had my heart set on a 50's style wedding dress for a long time and found a great website called
Honeypie Boutique and they have a lovely collection of 50's dresses with the option of lace overlays and pettitcoats. Their prices are also very reasonable and I am considering getting the 'Lauren' dress with lace over the top. Accessorized with a medium length veil and some flowers it could look great.


I have also taken to one of my favourite websites Pinterest and gathered lots of 50's wedding ideas and 'pinned' it to my inspiration board. What do you think? (All images from Pinterest.com)

Wedding dress inspiration-love the ribbon around the waist idea, so cute!



 Ideas for 50's style favours and decorations-cute polka dot cupcakes, heart biscuits, retro sweeties, gumball machines, retro popcorn cases!




This gave me the idea for a 50's wedding car, it would be amazing if money allowed it!


50's wedding invitations from Luulla.com-how nice are these?!

So many ideas in my head it's overwhealming! 
xoxo

1 comments:

John david said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea