Sunday 18 November 2012

Wearing glasses

Posted by Cheryl at 17:32
I remember my first ever pair of glasses. I was 8 and they were red Mickey Mouse ones and I thought I was so cool. Back then, I didn't care about what I looked like or how I may appear to others. As I grew older and my sight began to get worse, I was very reluctant to even wear glasses even though I knew I should. As my teenage years approached, I wore my glasses on and off but hated how I look in them. I would hide them away and just put up with the fact that I couldn't see everything clearly. In hindsight, it didn't help at all and as time went by, my sight just got worse until I had to admit defeat, I had to wear them more. I got new glasses in my early 20's and began to feel a little more confident. A year or so ago, I bought myself some new brown glasses from Specsavers and I feel a lot more able to wear them out now-in fact I wear them all the time except for when I am sleeping obviously.


However I still always take them off for photos which is why some people may be surprised that I wear glasses all the time. There are probably only about 5 photos of me that exsist where I am wearing them! For so long it has been a reflex action for me to just whip them off when a camera comes out because I have always been so self conscious. I realise though that it is all in me, this feeling of looking ugly in my glasses and that other people see it differently. Wearing glasses is so 'in trend' now that it does annoy me when you see people wearing them without even any lenses in! People say well why don't you wear contact lenses but really, I cannot be bothered with the stress and discomfort of them. As I get older, I begin to care less and less about what others think and go with what feels best for me.


There are a few celebrities who have inspired me to keep wearing my glasses-particularly the beautiful Zooey Deschanel who just rocks a pair of specs like nobody's business. As well as celebrities such as Tina Fey who make me feel like it is sexy to wear glasses and the old 'geeky four eyed' cliche is long gone.

So I will do my best to wear glasses in my pictures sometimes. After all, they are attached to me for 75% of my day, so why not! 
xoxo

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s simply a matter of choosing the right frame to make your eyeglass fashionable. Make sure the size and frame complement the shape of the face, and the color of the rim harmonize with your skin tone and types of outfits you typically wear. I’m glad you were able to get over your aversion to eyeglasses and embraced what’s best for you. :-)

Augusta Tippins

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea