Tuesday 9 October 2012

Wedding Planning: High Street Dresses

Posted by Cheryl at 18:35
Well Michael and I are visiting Arundel in half term for a little trip but more importantly to look at their wedding venues, yay! As I mentioned in a previous post, we love the look of the town hall and I also like the look of a hotel in Arundel which hold weddings-the ceremony and the reception. I hope to take some pictures and get some questions answered! :)

I have been recently looking at wedding dresses from high street shops. They tend to be much cheaper (normally under £500) and I have noticed that Coast, Phase Eight and Monsoon have some beautiful dresses and I could actually afford them! They tend to be quite plain but classic. Here are a few I particularly like...

LANA LACE MAXI DRESS-COAST

£450.00

  I really like this dress from high street shop Coast. I would prefer it to have sleeves but the lace detail at the top is lovely and what is even better is that I get 20% student discount at Coast making this dress a bit more affordable.


ADDARIA SPOT DRESS-COAST

£295.00


This isn't a traditional wedding dress or even particularly special but I love it. With it's 50's style and a big petitcoat underneath it could look so cute and the price is reasonable-with 20% off it would be under £250!

Elizabeth Wedding Dress-Phase Eight

£450.00

 
I noticed this dress very early on in my research and have read a lot of reviews. The sleeves are it's main appeal for me, being lovely and lacy, however it looks like the sort of dress for a tall person and being only 5 foot 3 I think it drown me.

Rose Lace Long Sleeve Bridal Dress-BHS

Price: £595.00


I love this dress but of course, my favourite is the most expensive! I love the lace at the top although the bottom is quite plain. BHS always do sales though so I shall keep an eye out.

Ivory lace and satin bridal dress-Debenhams

Price: £150.oo

 This dress from Debenhams is an absolute bargain and very similar to the last dress but a whole lot cheaper! I am keeping my eye out for something a little bit more special though.

XOXO

3 comments:

aimeeee said...

i like numbers 1 and 3 :) the style of no 2 would suit u alot tho x

Iris said...

I LOVE the ADDARIA SPOT DRESS-COAST. I think you should totally go for something more vintage. Than you could just curl your hair and have a sweet lil veil or something. I so wish I could be there to do all this girly stuff with you!

Cheryl said...

Ah I really like the 50's spotty dress too...it's just not very "wedding" like but that is the one I could probably afford and could accessorise like you said with a vintage veil and a little flower or two :) I wish you were here!!! xxx

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea