Monday 7 May 2012

Here comes the bride...

Posted by Cheryl at 17:46
No, I'm not suddenly annoucing I am getting married, sorry! ;) Of course it is something I would love to do and every girl dreams of the day she gets married to the one she loves-but in the meantime I am just looking forward to the day when Michael and I will tie the knot, whenever that may be. Weddings cost (although I don't see why anyone would spend £10,000+ on one day, no matter how special) unfortunately so it will take a few years of saving before the dream can come true! But we are on our way there and I often imagine in my mind what our wedding would be like-I recently found some beautiful pictures which really inspired me in terms of what I would personally like.

I will never be rich and I do not have a big family or friends circle and I used to think that seriously mattered-how could I ever get married when I most likely would only have about 4 people to invite? However recently,  as I have thought more and more about getting married, I have realised that all of those things really don't matter. All that matters is that you are there with the ones you love and you can all share a special moment together, it could be 3 people and it could be 300-everyone is different. It doesn't have to cost a bomb, you don't have to wear a designer dress, you don't need to have lots of people there and you don't have to stress yourself out trying to create a fairytale wedding. 

I have always been fascinated by the idea of vintage weddings-when I see pictures of brides and grooms from the 1920's for example, it all seems so simplistic yet special. I would love to get married in a 1920's inspired dress, with beautiful lace and unique headwear. Some of you may think the fashion was hideous but I see it as very classic plus I don't think I would ever suit a giant white marshmallow dress.




I also find the idea of a traditional wedding cake a little boring and would love to just have a pile of delicious cupcakes like this-they would get demolished by me in a few minutes though...I also love the idea of instead of an expensive lunch, having an inexpensive afternoon tea with scones and sandwiches and cute little teapots-very 40's!



 In terms of venue, Michael and I will never be able to realistically afford a dramatic castle or what not to get married in but then nor would we want to-I doubt we would have enough people to invite to fill a corner, lol. But still, it is nice to dream and this beautiful Jane Austen style house/hall would be my dream place to get married. However I would be happy with a registry office as long as I with my special ones.


So whilst our wedding is most likely a few years still down the line, a girl can still dream and make plans can't she! ;) Whenever it does happen I know it will be special because he will be by my side xoxo
 

2 comments:

Clifford-Burr said...

Just remember if you do get hitched you need to visit the shop and try on a few dresses. Not sure how much we have in terms of the vintage style that you are after but I can still try and make something work, lol xx

Cheryl said...

Hey Becky, thanks! I looked at the website for your shop, the dresses are all so pretty!! Shouldn't really be looking yet as I am not even engaged lol but they are lovely...xx

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea