Friday 8 February 2013

Hello February!

Posted by Cheryl at 16:37
Blogging for me has gone on the back burner at the moment and for that, I'm sorry! I feel like I am neglecting my poor little Cheryl Wants Cake world. I have been feeling really under the weather the past few weeks, a mixture of 2 colds (in the space of a week), my trapped nerve and feeling sick. It's all been rather poo but I am starting to feel a bit human now! 

February so far has been good, I only have one more week at work and then it's off to Berlin for 4 days whooo! I can't believe it has come around so quickly and it will all be over soon and back to reality! I haven't done much researching this time on what we can do whilst we're out there because I think it will be nice just to explore but a visit to the zoo is top of our list! We go from 17th-20th Feb!

I have been trying to make some positive changes in my life in 2013 and I have been getting a hold of my anxiety pretty well. Don't get me wrong, it's still there but life is so busy and I am occupied enough that I have been feeling pretty good. I am now on the waiting list for some counselling, after loads of phonecalls and a phone interview, finally it is all in progress! I am getting a short course of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which I actually had about 4 years ago. It is pretty useful for handling anxiety although I don't know whether it will help long term, I will have to wait and see!

I have also started physiotherapy which is great as I have been plagued by this trapped nerve for a few months now. Due to all these various complaints and my tired level plummeting, I am still keeping part time hours at work for now although I will need to make a decision soon as to whether I want to carry this on.

Michael and I have been doing some SERIOUS sorting/ebaying/throwing away of stuff in our room the past few weeks and it has been lovely to do some de-cluttering. We are moving loads of stuff around and also re-decorating our bedroom. Currently it is an unslightly barbie pink from when I painted it at 17 but we really want a change and a slightly maturer and dare I say less girlie (although there will still be a lot of pink!) colour scheme. We are steering towards bluey purple colours at the moment and looked at a few samples-we just can't decide! I am leaving the whole job to Michael though-DIY is a man's job ;)

I shall leave with this lovely quote picture I found online! Have a great weekend everyone.
xoxo


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea