Friday 3 January 2014

Matilda at 4 months!

Posted by Cheryl at 14:26

I wish I could have kept up with my other blog about Matilda and recorded all her weekly achievements. At this age babies just grow and develop so quickly, one minute they are a newborn and the next they are rolling, sitting up, trying to crawl...these moments are just going too fast for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I love the newborn days but now Matilda is almost 4 months and able to interact with me more, it makes our relationship so much stronger. It's no longer just a cycle of nappy changes and feeds, it's pure and utter love between us and a bond that is growing day by day. The love I feel for her is just something beyond words, she makes me feel like I can do anything. She grabs my hand because she wants to. She smiles and laughs at me because she finds ME funny. I am her world and she is mine. It's touching. She has started to babble and coo and me and Michael love being able to pick out little "words" she says (don't worry I'm not claiming by daughter can talk at 4 months but it always sounds like she says 'mama'...so sweet!). She has now completely outgrown colic (which was awful from weeks 2-10) and her reflux is under control for now. Unfortunately she has bad eczema at the moment and she likes to scratch at any given opportunity!



One of my new year's resolutions was to take Tilly out more to baby groups, not just for her benefit but for me also. I am starting a new support group for mummies on the 13th Jan which is I am really looking forward to. I'd love to make some mummy friends and now she is at the stage where she can play with some toys and get some enjoyment out of it. This month I am going to continue to take her swimming (Michael and I recently took her and she loved it), playgroups and to the library for rhyme time. I think it's something we will both love. We recently bought her a jumperoo (yet to come out of the box!) and a bumbo type seat for Christmas. These are quite grown up toys for such a little bear but she has started to enjoy sitting her in seat for short periods. She can now roll about everywhere, from back to front and visa versa. She has developed her own cute little sense of style with pretty dresses with bows...all in pink of course.


It's been a rocky road for my depression recently but with the support of my family, friends and my health visitor I am feeling stronger and truly enjoying the bond I have with Matilda. I'm lucky I still have 9 months off with her to get even closer to her, this year is a big year for Mummy and Daddy as we get married and hopefully move into our own place at the end of the year. 2014 is going to be the best and I get to share it with the two loves of my life, how lucky I am.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea