Thursday 16 August 2012

6 Years of Happiness

Posted by Cheryl at 18:20
Unfortunately it is impossible for me to write about Michael and not be overly cheesy and romantic so I apoligise in advance to anyone reading this! I would like to dedicate this post to a man who has changed my life over the past 6 years. When we met, I was a lost depressed confused 19 year old and Michael, a typical 23 year old student. We didn't meet in the conventional way which almost makes me feel like our 'story' is even more special. When I met Michael, through a online dating website, I was excited but apprehensive because of my failed love life up until that point. On our first date we instantly clicked and chatted away without any awkward silences. Great start I thought. Admittedly I got a little drunk because I was SO incredibly nervous to meet the man I had spent 3 months talking to through email. It turned out to be the best thing I have ever done.

It is not true to say it was 'love at first sight' because that is not something I believe in. I certainly felt at the time though, that Michael was and is an extrememly genuine and kind hearted man and he gave me a feeling I hadn't felt before. We went on dates, we did the typical trips to the cinema, spending too much money in restaurants, meeting the family etc and it all went swimmingly well. It was a certain point though, I don't know quite when, that I realised "Wow this man is one in a million' and I realised that I had fallen in love.

To me, Michael is everything I could ever want in a boyfriend and a partner. He accepts my flaws but he also celebrates my talents and encourages me to be myself. He makes me laugh every day in a way that only we can understand. He makes me feel safe and protected during the many moments I feel lost and alone. He has never once let me down. Whether we go out or we stay in, when we are together it doesn't feel like we have been together for so long-it all feels so new and fresh. But most of all I love him so much because he is my family and my best friend and he has been there when I have no one but him and my Mum by my side. When others have closed the door in my face, he has been there with warm comforting arms to hug me tight. These 6 years have been the best of my life but knowing that we have such a special future together makes me smile every day, even when I don't feel like thinking positively. 

So this is for you Michael, you may not read this but I wanted to say thank you for everything you have done for me these past 6 years. You will never truely now how you have changed my life.
'I love you to the moon and back'
1.9.06


xoxo

1 comments:

Iris said...

This is beautiful, Im glad you have such a great man on your side!

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea