Tuesday 7 August 2012

Holidays are coming!

Posted by Cheryl at 18:35
Ah it's a bit too early to think about Christmas but I do love the 'Holidays are coming' advert! But no really I am thinking about my Italy holiday in less than 3 weeks time! We fly to a place called Pisa (yes the place with the leaning tower, I am hoping we can visit it if we have time!) on August 27th and then catching the train to Florence which takes about an hour. We are staying in a tiny B&B called the Bonsignori and it only has 3 rooms! When doing research I like to look for small places like this as the service tends to be much more personal and you can chat to the owners about the best places to visit etc. This place had lovely reviews so I am excited to stay!

 
Then on the 30th August we are catching the train to Rome, which surprisingly only takes 90 minutes. We booked in advance and got a great deal of course! We are in Rome for 4 days before returning home on the 2nd September (and then I start my new job on the 4th eeek!). We will also be in Rome on our anniversary so we will probably try and find ourselves a nice romantic restaurant in Rome-that shouldn't be hard to find eh?! We are staying in a highly rated hotel called the Esedra Inn-I chose it based on the TripAdvisor reviews and also the location. We stayed in this area last time in 2008 and it's a beautiful area.
 
 
 I have also been thinking about my holiday wardrobe and having a look at what will be suitable for the hot weather (it's about 36 degrees there at the moment!). Of course I haven't planned out each day but I shall be going for some nice dresses with sandals for the day and some pretty floral dresses for meals out etc. I also have my backpack which is very comfy and normally on holiday I will have a bag that is strapped across my front. I will be paying a visit to Primarni in the next few weeks for some holiday essentials!
 
 
I also have my favourite Roma University hoodie I bought last time whilst over there! It only cost about 15 euros which is pretty good value I think!


I have had a really lovely day today, had a nice long lie in and watch some Olympics this afternoon. Michael made us some yummy bacon sandwiches and then we went to the park-we managed to avoid the rain and we had a lovely rest on our favourite bench and fed the ducks. Tonight we're having a lovely Indian meal-I really love days like this :) 
 
I am looking forward to catching up with some friends this week too. A month today until I go back to work!
xoxo

1 comments:

Iris said...

So jealous of your vacation thats coming up! Should be amazing!

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea