Sunday 12 August 2012

August Favourites

Posted by Cheryl at 16:47
The summer is going far too quickly for my liking. As predicted, I have had my days where I feel low but I put that down to the fact that I have so much time to think and so much time to fill, which I have done my best with but inevitably, I have been reflecting far too much on things. Sometimes, just a cry and cuddle will help and sometimes I need the whole day to recover. However amongst the few down periods, I have some great days and lots of fun. August has been a pretty good month so far following a crappy July with feeling really unwell. I thought I would share with you some of my favourite things/stuff I am looking forward to this month....

That holiday feeling
  Source: Pininterest
Granted, I have been away this year already and lots of little trips but I really love the feeling before a big holiday and I may be in the minority but I love packing! I always get my suitcase out about 2 weeks before and like to organise what I going to wear and make a little itinerary of what we'll do-I need to get on that now actually!

Catching up with friends
   I have really enjoyed seeing my friends this summer and looking forward to catching up more with others. It is really hard to find the time to see them because obviously we all work different days/times but I really need to make more of an effort this year to see my friends and also hopefully make new ones at my job.

Sleeping in
  Source: Pininterest
I am NOT what you would call a morning person. I only just began to get used to being up at 6.45am for work and then I am hit with 6 weeks of lie-ins-I am struggling to get up earlier than 11! Not that I am complaining, it is wonderful and I am grateful that come September I can sleep an extra 15 mins each morning because my new job is a lot closer.

Watching the Olympics all day long
 Source: Pininterest
 I am going to be very sad when the Olympics end tonight. I am first to admit, I never thought I would get into it as I am not a fan of watching sports but I have found myself choosing to stay in all day to watch (gymnastics being a particular favourite!) and I can't wait to settle down for tonight's closing ceremony with a takeaway and some drinks.

 Planning ahead
 Source: Pininterest
 Planning is my favourite thing to do and I have been doing quite a lot of it this month! I have been planning for my birthday next month (I turn 26 on the 25th Sep) as well as thinking about future events like Christmas (it is never too early!) and birthdays :) 

Pretty dresses
I have seen so many pretty dresses in the shops this month and being right at the end of my pay (last week is horrible before you get paid isn't it?!) I knew I couldn't really afford anything. However I found this extremely cute 50's diner print dress (last one in my size!) on Very
and using the 'Take 3' option, I am paying it off for just £5 a month. Seems a lot more manageable that way and I have lots of compliments on this dress already!

 I have also been loving watching lots of late night films, old Home & Away episodes on Five Star (90's at its best), learning phonics, eating a lots of yummy restaurants including using my Loyalty Card at La Tasca and making cakes (nutella cupcakes anyone?). I shall be back with a blog post or two before going to Florence on the 27th so watch this space. Have a lovely Sunday everyone xoxo

p.s: How amazing are these rainbow pancakes?!
Source: Pininterest
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea