Tuesday 21 August 2012

Summer will be gone in September but it's still something I'll always remember...

Posted by Cheryl at 16:54
I have been quite a busy bee these past few days I feel like I have been here, there and everywhere! I have had a lovely few days though but I'm pleased to have 5 or 6 days to relax and get things done before going on holiday next Monday (gosh that has come around quickly!) I also start my new job 2 weeks today can you believe it? I am so incredibly nervous, I am sure after a few days I will be fine but I always worry about everything so the night before I start is going to be interesting! :/

Anyway on Saturday, Michael and I caught the coach from Victoria down to the south coast to stay with his Mum and Step-Dad for the weekend. The area of Gosport/Portsmouth is lovely and after a few hours journey and some lunch, we headed off to a pretty seaside town called 'Lee on Solent' and I sampled some rather interesting raspberry ripple ice meringe ice cream! In the evening we went for a lovely dinner at a nearby restaurant and on the Sunday we went to a place called Marwell Zoo (couldn't tell you where abouts that is mind you!) It was very very hot but we had lots of fun looking at all the animals, being one of mine and Michael's favourite things to do we had lots of fun taking pictures and walking around. After a long day we headed back home in the evening-what an excellent weekend and very kind of Michael's mum to put us up and pay for food etc :)


Yesterday Michael and I finally got to see Blood Brothers in the West End. Michael kindly treated me :) We had a bit of time to spare beforehand so after checking into our hotel in Waterloo we went to do a bit of shopping in Oxford Street. Unable to resist Forever 21, I headed in and was pleasantly surprised with their clothes this season, I saw SO much I liked but in the end made myself promise to only get one thing. I chose this super cute apple print dress with a collar, it was a large which only really just fit me (need to cut down on the desserts...ahem!) but was still comfortable. With my student discount it cost me £20 which I think is pretty reasonable! Of course I had to pose a few times in the dress, as you do.


After some chill time at our hotel, Michael and I (armed with our Tastecard) headed for a restaurant we found online called 'Baltic'. It is a Russian restaurant but they do quite a wide variety of modern European food and with 50% off we headed in with high hopes and hungry tummies! We had a fantastic experience there, Michael had the sea bass (it looked very expensive) and I went for the steak which was amazing. We just had time for dessert and sneaked in crepes and apple pie-also very delicious! We both agreed this was one of our favourite restaurant experiences ever! 


We got to Blood Brothers with a few minutes to spare (we sat down at 7.44pm lol) and discovered we were front row-yipee! Whilst being a little squished, we had an amazing view and Blood Brothers was a fantastic show, one of the best I have ever seen. We headed back to our hotel after a busy day, in fact a really perfect day :) 
This week I really need to start packing, we need to get our holiday insurance and euros-I also need to stop buying clothes so I have some spending money hehe! I will be back before I go away with another blog post! Until then....xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea