Friday 24 August 2012

We're all going on a summer holiday...

Posted by Cheryl at 18:17
On Monday, we are finally off to Italy! So you don't have to worry about me talking about it for much longer, lol. I have brought the dusty pink suitcase out from the cupboard and began packing. Michael can pack everything for a week's holiday an hour before we go to bed but me...I need a few days! I am lucky enough to still have my trusty Matalan suitcase that I purchased in 2007 when we went to Morocco and it is still going strong. Of course, the main reason I bought it was because it is pink (if I can get anything in that colour, then I will) but it is also big enough for clothes, make up, my laptop, books and everything else I need for holidays.


For me, I find it easier to put things in sections in my suitcase and in little bags. So I will have...

 a bag for jewellery

a bag for products like shower gels (yes, it is easier to get 'mini' bottles of stuff but seriously they actually cost the same, if not more and I would rather carry a bit of extra weight..or should I say, Michael can carry...ahem!)

a bag for medication (I always take paracetamol, IBS tablets, anadin etc as I am a bit over cautious like that!)

a bag for chargers like phone, camera, video camera

Other essential bits like an umbrella (you never know when the rain will hit you!), dry shampoo (for those times you just don't want to wash your hair) and of course, SUN LOTION!

My laptop-some people may think holidays are supposed to be technology free and I guess that is true but I always like to have my laptop for various reasons, particularly as me and Michael sometimes like to just chill in our hotel in the evening and watch a film.


 I also always purchase guide books in advance because I like to have a map and an idea of where things are. I got this for £2 from a charity shop. Michael is much more of a 'let's see what happens' sort of person where  as I like to plan everything! This year I haven't planned any acitivites though because I think it will be nice for us just to explore this time.


Anyway I probably won't be blogging again until I get back (I may sneak in a tiny post if possible) so this is goodbye for about 10 days! Have a lovely bank holiday weekend everyone and I will be back with a big post about my hols and what we did and lots of pics obviously (I also have my video camera so will figure out how to upload them here). 
BYE FOR NOW! XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea