Monday 15 October 2012

Date Day

Posted by Cheryl at 20:00
Michael and I always make sure we spend days together just going out and having fun; when works gets stressful especially! We like to arrange date days (or sometimes nights!) and most of the time they are just cheap and cheerful.

Last weekend we decided to use the Zizzi's restaurant vouchers that my Mum got us as an engagement gift. We went to one of our favourite towns, Richmond Upon Thames, which is only about a 25 minute bus ride from us. We decided to splash out and get some of the pizzas from their new range-they were very tasty but far too big for us to finish! We also had some of their amazing tomato & presto bread. We decided to get a dessert and take it home!
 

We went for a lovely walk along the river and after discovering how expensive the pubs are (£7-£8 for a cocktail, I just can't do it!), Michael suggested we head to the supermarket, buy some cheap alcohol and make cocktails ourselves! It was lots of fun trying out the flavours and after a few, I felt rather tipsy!


We played the "Mr and Mrs" game that Michael bought me but it adapted it for 2 players-Michael won by about 3 points but I don't think that means he knows more about me ;) he just got very easy and obvious questions!

We had such a fun day and I love how we can still enjoy eachother's company and make so much effort even after being together for so long. I think it's really important always to take a day, even if it's just once a month, to do something special with your partner. I love it when we go on trips away but these are the days I love the most, where we make our own fun.

We have lots of fun plans for half term as we're lucky to both be off from October 26th-5th November. We are going to Arundel and to see Skyfall at the IMAX! I also am planning to visit Brighton for some shopping with my Mum and see Cabaret the Musical (hello Will Young) with my lovely friend Grace! Can't wait <3

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea