Wednesday 3 October 2012

Wedding planning: Getting the vintage look

Posted by Cheryl at 18:23
As I have said a squillion times before, I would love a vintage style wedding. Not just a 'vintage' looking dress but all the extras like the hair, decorations, invitations...It may be a bit too early on to be thinking about things like that but I have still been browsing Pinterest for inspiration as well as collecting pictures and ideas from magazines. I planned to go to the National Wedding Show last weekend but after thought, I felt like it was a bit overpriced on the entrance fee and I felt like I may be bombarded with requests to buy things when we're not quite there yet! Still, I want to use them to browse and I now plan to go to the London Vintage Wedding Fayre in November, it sounds perfect for me.

So, I have been recently getting a lot of inspiration regarding vintage weddings from the wonderful Downton Abbey! Mary in particular, her beautiful headpiece made of leaves was amazing. I would love to wear something like that when we get married-not necessarily the dress though as it's a little too covered up for me.


I have also been looking at pretty vintage style hair slides that I could wear in my hair, I haven't bought anything but I have found these images on Pinterest and then found similar ones being sold on BHS. I think they would lovely with long curly hair don't you think?



I have also decided I would like a long, lace vintage style (or genuine vintage if possible) veil but obviously that will need to be bought nearer the time. However saying that I nearly won a beautiful lace veil on Ebay the other week and lost out by 50p! I don't want to spend too much on one really, not more than £20-£30 but I would love something like this:


Source: Pinterest

Also, although it is a while off yet, if money allows I would love to make and print some pretty vintage invitations just to stay with the theme. I have seen millions (well hundreds) of different styles but these in particular really stand out for me. I am hoping with a strong ink cartridge, some creativity and technical skill I can make something similar myself for half the cost. I don't think it's something majorly important but invitations should still be pretty!



 Source: Pinterest

Wedding planning aside, I am having a pretty standard week really. Well except Ofsted coming to my school! ;) I am looking forward to the weekend already and half term in 3 weeks. I plan to go and see Looper this Saturday at the cinema and do some actual resting as I have been so busy recently! Tonight is chilli night in the Cherbear household, trust me Michael makes it taste soooo good when I can't even make a jacket potato. What would I do without him?! We've just booked a little Christmas trip to Kent during mid December to go to a market and just generally be romantic. Excited already! Should I really wish time away?
xoxo 

2 comments:

Jennifer Hills said...

My friend used the bicycle design for her wedding :P She was on pininterest too :P
I saw this dress in debenhams and its on offer at the moment, http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_008010651085_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7EDresses The skirt is very plain, but I expect a dress maker could add some more detailing? thought id send the link only as its cheap! :P Hope youre ok
xxx

Cheryl said...

Thanks Jenny, I have noticed that dress as I was browsing the site...it is definitely the design I would like-you are right though the bottom is a bit plain but it's such a good price I guess it could be altered? I'm good thanks hun, hope you're ok :D xx

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea