Wednesday 14 March 2012

Let's talk!

Posted by Cheryl at 19:39
Not sure how appropriate my blog title is considering I am finding it very hard to talk right now! My throat is really painful and I'm generally feeling rather icky thanks to the germs of lovely 3 year olds, I am sucking on too many lozengers and drinking gallons of water right now. At least the weather is improving; it really is lovely to see the sun shining and I get to bring out the spring/summer collection (which will likely have many an item added to it over the coming months!). I have mostly been wearing floral spring type dresses this week to work; Monday I wore this ever so cute yellow dress which has a rather quirky gardening theme-I bought it from Dorothy Perkins in the sale last year; it is a size too big but as I have mentioned before, that is not a bad thing!

I have been mostly working on my book (building up characters etc), attempting to reach the last hurdle of my TA course and watching TV whilst demolishing bad treats such as ice cream and chocolate donuts. I have THE biggest sweet tooth and whilst it probably means I will never shift the unslighty stomach bulges, I feel like it is worth it because of how amazing cake and ice cream is. 

This weekend is Mother's Day so I will be spending it with my mum and we're planning to make cakes, watch girlie films and I shall be taking her out for a nice meal on Sunday. I always spoil her rotten but she deserves it :) On Friday I am going to my work friend's baby shower which will be nice!

There are so many things I am loving right now I thought I would create a little list of recommendations; mostly unrelevant to you all no doubt ;)

+Yankee Candles
I am loving this brand of candles right now; it is truely amazing. You know when you get a really nice smelling candle that promises to be divine and then you burn it and you can't smell a thing? Well Yankee candles not only smell OMG but they continue to the smell when they burn too and fill the room! Highly recommended is Cinnammon and Strawberry Buttercream, although be warned it may encourage you to reach for the sweet treats.

+Lissie
Lissie is an American folk/rock singer who has a really beautiful relaxing tone to her voice, I highly recommend YouTubing her and in particular her song "Go your own way" is lovely. 


+NSpa Bubble Bath
This range of bubble baths (they also do other beauty products) is so good you want to eat it. You can get it in ASDA for around £2 and they do scents such as hot fudge syrup, gingerbread latte and my favourite-chocolate waffle. 

+Groupon
Now you have probably heard of this website before but I have got some great deals from Groupon, including a huge tub of ice cream worth 15 quid for only a fiver! You can sign up to their emails to get the deals first and make it specific to your area (although be warned, they send about 4 emails a day!)

+Mini Poppadoms
I am totally addicted to these right now, they are a great low fat snack (although be careful, they have quite a high salt content) and you can get them in Waitrose and Marks and Spencers for about a £1. They are a good alternative to crisps I think and soooo moorish!!


 Right, am off now as Michael is making us pie and mash-yay! I will leave you with this lovely picture I found, so true! xoxo











 







 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea