Friday 2 March 2012

TGIF!

Posted by Cheryl at 19:22
I am totally welcoming the weekend. Whilst this has been a better week at work for me, I am so happy to have 2 days off to just totally relax. I had a good day today, after work I met Michael for a Nando's but they gave me some nasty chicken! Still, it was free as I used up an offer on my Nando's card ;) so I can't complain! Now I am home, I have been relaxing with tea and doing some job hunting. It really is demoralising. I am slightly worried now as to what I am going to be doing in September, I don't like the uncertainty and the job market is so dry right now. Teaching assistant jobs are few and far between and as that is what I have had the most experience in, that seems the easiest career route for me. Who knows-it's only just March so maybe I should panic yet. This weekend I am going to hunt some fancy dress shops as I have been requested to dress up as a princess to work next Wednesday! As I am working in nursery that day it will be extra fun. I am also going to the cinema to see "This Means War", only to drool over Tom Hardy mind you.

I said the other day I would do some more tips on going out so I thought I would focus on places to eat today. If I could eat out in a restaurant every night, I totally would! Here are some of our favourites and a few ways to get cheap food...

La Tasca

Tapas is an amazing invention. I also discovered a while go another amazing invention-the La Tasca Loyalty Card. Free to sign up for on their website and then you get 20% off everything, including at weekends! It seems a bit too good to be true. Their tapas can be quite expensive as you probably have to buy a few dishes to really enjoy the experience-I totally recommend their meatballs, they are amazing...and with 20% you can get 3 or 4 dishes and not spend too much.

JB's Diner

This is a wonderful 50's diner opposite Brighton seafront-never packed as it has a rather inconspicuous appearance (which is a shame as it's amazingly authentic inside). If you can get a booth then the experience will  be even better and their milkshakes, whilst they cost around £3-£4 are heavenly and more like a huge ice cream dessert than a drink. Mains cost around £8 and it's great for dates too! Plus you can get 10% discount and they take it off the whole bill so everyone saves some money!



GBK

I can't speak highly enough of Gourmet Burger Kitchen. They are expensive, yes but their burgers are oh-so worth it and they always have promotions (sometimes up to 40% off but you must sign up to their newsletter to get these) and their oreo milkshake is sooo good. Their chips are really chunky and they taste delicious, they have restaurants over the UK.

Zizzi's


My favourite Italian restaurant chain, this totally takes me back to my roots (I am a quarter Italian) and they do real quality food. Their garlic bread is the best I have tasted and you can pretty much always get discounts. If you search through http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-restaurant-deals which is updated weekly then you can normally find something to knock a bit of their slightly steep prices. I have always found their service to be great too and their new sharing pizzas which are about £8 are yummy and a good money saver.

I am hungry now, even after having a Nando's! I hope you all have a great weekend, I shall continue this at some point soon. I will start doing more photo posts once my phone gets fixed!

Love xoxo

1 comments:

Iris said...

I hope one day soon you can take me to all your favorite English hangout spots! Man it would be so awesome to finally get back to the UK and just explore and reconnect. I think Ive been to the 50s diner in Brighton! But you should obviously come to America one day and Ill take you to some REAL diners :p

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea