Saturday 31 March 2012

On a break!

Posted by Cheryl at 18:51
I am officially on holiday yipeee! 2 whole weeks off from work, I am sure they will fly by but I shall enjoy every minute of them. My depression and anxiety tend to rear their ugly head when I am not working as I have a lot more time to focus on it but I am going to do my best to keep myself busy. I will no doubt get my moments but I will have to find a way to deal with them! I am lucky to have a great support system with my family and some truely lovely friends. 

I also have a new member in the household this Easter holiday-Fraser bear! We have him in the nursery for the children to take home and write in his diary but I have got a turn this time and I am having fun taking extrememly silly photos and dressing him in different clothes (he even has wellies!). Yes I AM very childish for 25 but I guess this is why I fit so well working in a nursery. I have been thinking a lot about my career path and what I love to do and this is the age group I just love to work with so I am hoping to get a good nursery job for September-the hours are long but it's very rewarding, children are adorable at that age and I love seeing them develop and change and being a part of that!

I have also done baking today-some lovely butterfly strawberry cakes, I have already dug into them and they taste so good! I am going to make some easter shortbread biscuits next week too. I am off to the Ideal Home Exhibition with my mum tomorrow so that will be fun. We got 2 for 1 tickets from Last Minute which is a bit of a hit and miss website for deals to be honest. I have spotted some good deals though around the shops and over the years I have developed a few techniques to ensure I grab some serious bargains-so here are a few I thought I would share!


Car Boot Sales

They are few and far between around my area of London now but car boots are a fab way of getting bargains. Much of my childhood was spent with my mum and nan doing car boots and making some serious wonga-it was a lot of fun and we used to pick up some unique buys too. Car boots are great for things like books and toys but I recommend never buying anything electrical as you could find yourself with something dodgy! http://www.carbootjunction.com/ has some great listings for your area!

Closing down sales

Lots of shops seem to be closing down recently and I have managed to get some good bargains-so keep an eye out as some shops reduce their stock as much as 75%. 


Never buy anything online without searching for discount codes


It only takes 2 minutes and you may often find that you could have saved yourself 20% off something-even takeaways. When we order takeaways (which is a common occurance!) we always use hungryhouse.co.uk and they often run promotions including 10% off, a free item with your order etc.


Freebies!

In a world with ever growing prices and shortages, it is still possible to get freebies! I am always visiting http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/freebies-gold which often gets updated-sometimes you may have to fill in a survey or form but isn't it worth it for something freeeeeee?

I am off now for a night of reality tv-Michael is making us a yummy carbonara pasta with peas, bacon and broccoli. I will wash up as obviously I have to make a contribution...;)

Have a great weekend everyone xoxo

 






 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea