Sunday 3 June 2012

Cheryl....has a fab weekend!

Posted by Cheryl at 18:02
So I am officially on a break yipeeee! I had an awesome day yesterday, Michael and I first caught the train down (only cost us £5.50 return as we booked online in advance) to a little town in West Sussex called Amberley-there isn't much there other than beautiful scenery but with a 2 for 1 voucher, we paid a visit to the 'Amberley Working Museum' which is a lovely open air museum filled with exhibitions varying from an old fire station to old radios, televisions etc...it really is a lovely mish mash of vintage bits! 
The sun came out for us and we had a lovely lunch in their restaurant (complete with Victoria sponge, soooo good!) and then had a good wander around for a couple of hours. We went on a nature trail up a very steep hill, it was painful on the legs but the view from the top was worth it and we took some lovely pictures :) after that we decided the catch the train again down 1 stop to our favourite new town of Arundel (see previous blog post!)-the town was alive with Jubilee celebrations, it was lovely to see and we managed to fit in our favourite pastime of mini-golf-only £3! 
Of course, Michael won and we then had a bit of time for a wander around the town before catching the long train home. We were exhausted but had a lovely day-when we got home it was a takeaway from our fav Indian restaurant and the Voice final! 
To be honest, I do find all the Jubilee celebrations a little over the top-it's great to celebrate the Queen and all she does but 4+ days of events means absolute chaos for those living in London like me. Still, it gives us all an excuse to eat lots of yummy cakes, fly flags and perhaps feel a little united :) Today we had a little tea party, I got some fondant fancies, scones, strawberries as well as finally using my lovely teapot I got for Christmas. Very British and very lovely!
Tonight, I am going to finish packing as my mum and I head off on holiday tomorrow and we will be returning on Friday. The forecast doesn't look fab but we shall make the best of it :) we have lots of fun activities planned so it should be great! So I won't be updating my blog for a while, so I hope everyone has a lovely week and will no doubt do a holiday blog after I get back :) Take care everyone xoxo

2 comments:

_ said...

Glad you had a lovely time Cher:-) Amberley looks really good, me and Craig will definitely have to visit! Glad you also had a lovely time in Arundel, we love it there too! There's always stuff to do there:-) Cant believe your train ticket was only £5.50, that's an absolute bargain! Hope you and your mum have a great time away:-) xxx

Cheryl said...

Hey hun, definitely you guys would love it, it is a very quaint little village and not too far away :) ah yes we love Arundel, we are going to go back in the summer holidays hopefully. I know, I always make sure I book in advance where possible! I hope you and Craig had a lovely honeymoon hun, love the pics from your wedding, they are beautiful :) xx

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea