Thursday 21 June 2012

Cheryl...learns to keep smiling

Posted by Cheryl at 18:10
So this morning I woke up with the horrible overwhealming feeling of sadness-something which happens to me from time to time but also something I am learning to cope with. I do not know what causes this feeling, especially as when I went to sleep I felt fine but instead of letting it dwell inside me, I forced myself to keep going, go to work and remember that the feeling will go and things will feel better as the day went on. After a lovely text from my boy, I felt a little more able to face the world and to continue my positivity (PMA all the way), I wanted to do a little blog post about all the positive things I am looking forward to this year to keep my mind focused on all that is good :)

Finishing work in 4 weeks for a 6 week holiday
 ~
6 weeks to do lots of fun things with no work to worry about!
~
Spending more time with my friends over the summer
~
Finishing my teaching assistant course and hopefully enrolling on a writing course
Continuing to work on my book
~
Starting a new job in September in a year group I love
~
Going to Florence and Rome on 27th August
~
Mine and Michael's 6 year anniversary on 1st September
~
My 26th birthday in September
~
Christmas! (and spending it with Michael this year)
Seeing One Direction in concert-I am 2nd row! (don't judge)

As well as making positive lists like this, I have also found a number of ways to help myself when I am not feeling so good-I have found music to be quite calming and something which takes my mind off how I feel.  At the moment I am listening to Lana Del Ray and Emile Sande, both brilliant singers and ones which I have only just discovered! I also find that websites such as weheartit.com and pininterest.com are great for keeping busy. I also have a number of sites I visit which are full of inspiring quotes to lift your mood-perhaps I will share them all in a blog next time :)

So I will make sure I keep reading this list whenever I feel a little sad :) I hope everyone is having a lovely week, mine is going well and I have managed to get a doctors appointment so hopefully I will find out what is wrong with my back/neck etc. Hopefully it is something which will get better soon as I feel unable to carry my heavy work bag right now! This weekend I am looking forward to seeing my lovely friends and going shopping and for a nice meal-it has been a while since I have been out and properly seen friends so I can't wait :) 

xoxo

1 comments:

Iris said...

I love Lana Del Rey! She reminds me a lot of Nancy Sinatra actually. We all have out down days but I think lists like these are really important and good to have around for when you need a pick me up, or something to look forward too. Sounds like you have quite a few fun and new things happening in the future! Jealous of all your excursions!

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea