Tuesday 12 June 2012

That's my goal...

Posted by Cheryl at 21:50

I have been thinking a lot recently about all the things I want to achieve for the rest of this year, even little things, and maybe some personal goals for myself to do and thought I would share with you some of these. I can't believe it is half way through the year-so far I feel like I have done pretty well with handling my anxiety, I have had some blips in my depression but I have also noticed that the way I handle some things have improved. I want to do and see so many things but I have to be realistic!

Spend less time on Facebook
This is a biggie of mine and it may seem strange to put down as a 'goal' but I do really get frustrated with the amount of time I spend on Facebook-most of the time I could be doing something better and often it is the cause of problems in my life. I don't think I could ever erase something like this from my life purely because I use to talk to friends and people I don't get to see but at the same time I don't want it to be something I check so often-I just want it to be something I stop by and read sometimes. I guess to solve something like this, I need to take up a hobby, which leads onto my next goal...

Take up a new hobby
To be honest, I don't think I could genuinely say I have a 'hobby'. I like going online, sure. I like writing, watching the television but they are not things that really keep me busy when I'm feeling rubbish. I would love to have something to be part of or to work on that is fun. I have thought about taking other short courses (as I am a bit of a study geek) as well as something like scrapbooking as I am creative like that!

Perservere with my book
I have to admit, I haven't been very motivated with writing my book recently. Which sucks as not only do I love writing children's stories, I also think I am pretty good at it. I have so many ideas floating in my head but little motivation to put them down in writing-if money allows I am thinking of enrolling in a children's writing course this summer to help me as I am unconfident with structuring a book.

See my friends more
I have some wonderful friends and I would love to be able to see them more. Recently due to both my anxiety and being busy/tired from work I haven't been able to see friends much but I really hope this summer to spend more time with them!

Make new friends 
I hope my new job which starts this September will allow me to do this. I guess a personal goal of mine is to be more confident in regards to meeting new people-I come across as shy to a lot of people so I have been told and I have this stupid idea in my head that people won't like me because I'm quiet.

Organise more trips
Yes, more! I love organising events, trips etc-I have a few planned in my head but I shall not reveal those until a later date ;) however I do want to see more new places this year-especially in the North, I would love to go back to somewhere like Yorkshire.

Use my video camera more
A few years ago Michael bought me a wonderful video camera for my birthday and unfortunately I do not use it much, I don't ever really find the opportunities other than holidays. I plan to use it more this year, not only in Italy but for other things too-perhaps I could do a video blog (or vlog as they say) one time?!

Get fit
Yawn, very cliche I know. But I really don't hardly exercise at all and I plan to work to and from work in September as it's only 20 minutes away. The thought of even walking to my local shop kinda puts me into a sweat so it will be a challenge. However I hope to burn off all those calories I will eat from staffroom cakes.

Research my family tree
I would love to do more about this as I don't know much about my family history, not way back anyway. Recently I found, or I was found, by a cousin (who is lovely :D) on FB. However other than my Mum I am pretty low in the family area so I would love to research my family tree properly.

Finish my TA course
I am one assignment away from finishing and I am still lacking motivation-what is wrong with me? I could literally finish it probably within a week or two so I need to get this done.

Focus on the ones who care
This is an ongoing one and not really a goal rather a motto I want to remember. I STILL spend so much time being upset about those who don't care, people I always seem to let me down-I need to keep focusing on the people who are there for me, who want to be there in my life.  
 
xoxo 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Cheryl wants cake Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea